Sunday 3 October 2010

From The Bottom Of My Heart

Hi All

Just a short post this time, to let you know that I'm still here, and muddling through.

My previous blog was pretty downhearted, as I was going through some pretty tough times with the treatment. Well, it continues to be a struggle, and I'm not saying that the last week has been easy, but I've got through it, and I've only got two weeks more radiotherapy and one session of chemo left. I knew it was going to be hard, but I'm going to get through this.

The main reason I wanted to update the blog, though, was to say thanks. Whenever I've confessed to feeling down, you - my friends - have gathered round and offered heartfelt words of support, and these have kept me going. The last blog provoked a number of responses, either directly as comments on the blog site, or through texts and emails sent separately. Some made me weep - I'm a bit of a crybaby at the moment - others made me laugh, but they all gave me strength. So thanks.

Here are 10 songs of thanks.

1. Thank You For Being A Friend - Andrew Gold
2. I'll Always Be Grateful - A House
3. I Thank You - Sam & Dave
4. I'm So Thankful - The Ikettes
5. Thank You Baby For Loving Me - Soul Brothers Six
6. Thank You For Letting Me Be Myself Again - Maceo & The King's Men
7. Be Thankful For What You've Got - William DeVaughan
8. Thank You Girl - John Hiatt
9. Thank You For The Dream - Lamont Dozier
10. Thanks For The Joy - Ruthie Foster


RP

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sport,

    Sorry to read you are still having such a crap time but you are now well over half way through your treatment so the light at the end of the tunnel is getting forever brighter. Your gloopy saliva sounds very Harrypotteresque but at least I know what to buy you for Christmas - a friggin huge spittoon... Keep the blogs going as I'm sure they are cathartic and your extended family look forward to hearing how you are progressing. Love to all the family. Albert & Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just two weeks to go. That's the duration of one of those lads holidays we used to go on... with a similar level of sickness and feeling rough by the sound of it, though considerably less alcohol. If you could survive a fortnight abusing your liver and kidneys with me, the next two weeks should be a doddle! Trust Everton's victory has cheered you up. Talking of which... Roy Hodgson was pulled up for driving his car at 70 in a 30 mph zone. It's the only way he'll get three points...
    Keep cheerful
    Barney

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'I get by with a little help from my friends'
    Sounds like your smile is resurfacing :-)
    All the best Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everton 2 Liverpool 0.

    Just what the doctor ordered!

    Barney

    ReplyDelete