Tuesday 20 December 2011

Back From Hospital

Hi All

So here for the latest post from the wacky world of cancer, hopefully all my own work, subject to not getting too fatigued in a measly few sentences, which wouldn't be the first time.

Yup, I've had a stay at her maj's finest hospital (well, Whipps Cross University Hospital, actually): not totally recommended, but I came home yesterday, hoping that I'm none the worse for wear. She Who Must Be Obeyed has blogged in my absence, so I won't bore you with the detail. Other that to state the bleedin' obvious: i.e., the incarcery is no fun, and Catherine's a saint four putting up with me. A number of you have kept my spirits up with messages of support. Keep them coming, please!

Among those who have emailed me are my old friend Ian Hine (aka Fat Pete Clemenza), who assures me that followers of his beloved Brighton & Hove Albion consume over 15,000 pints more on matchday than Arsenal supporters. Not quite sure how he found out, but well done anyway.

In recocognition of my return, here are 10 songs about homecoming.

1. Better Be Home Soon - Crowded House
2. Cheer Up, Daddy's Coming Home - Rudy Mockabee
3. Come Home - James
4. Don't Go Home With Your Hard On - Leonard Cohen
5. Green Green Grass of Home - Jim Reeves
6. I Want To Come Home - Arthur Freeman
7. The Long Way Home - Norah Jones
8. My Way Home - Kirsty MacColl
9. Wherever I Lay My Hat, That's My Home - Marvin Gaye
10. Goin' Back - Carole King.

Speak Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment