Wednesday 14 December 2011

Hospital update

Just a quick update from Whipps Cross. Rick was moved to a ward on Sunday evening; his pain relief has been increased, he is on very strong antibiotics for pneumonia (possibly hospital acquired which makes it a nastier version I think), he is having vitamin K injections to boost his blood clotting ability, and he has got an electric pressure relieving mattress which undulates at regular intervals!

When I left last night the blood results showed his infection markers had come down from over 300 to 250 ( they should be zero), the clotting marker had reduced from 1.7 to 1.4 (it should be 1) and so they have booked him in to be fitted for a Nasal Gastric tube this morning as swallowing is still a problem; I'm looking at all this as a definite improvement.

I don't know when he'll be out so I have gone back to checking his emails and printing out any messages of support and encouragement, so keep them coming please. Or you can send any to me of course - parsonscatherine@sky.com

Love and kisses
Catherine x

No comments:

Post a Comment